Thursday, September 17, 2009

Where I've Been

I can't believe how long it's been since I posted on my blog... but here I am. I promise that when life gets less busy (ha!), I'll start posting more. Or, maybe I'll just make more of an effort to post at least more than once a month. =)

But what has been making my life so busy as of late? In no particular order, here goes:
  • Running. Yes, Liz, who didn't think she liked running, always opting for the pool instead, is now working out by attempting to run. It's kind of funny, in an out-of-breath, can't believe I'm doing this kind of way. But I'm loving the chance running gives me to explore my new neighborhood.

  • Still getting the new apartment organized - which I can't believe I'm still saying a month+ after moving. But it's true. The last of the rugs arrived yesterday, so - slowly but surely - the apartment is almost done for my relaxation pleasure. I've also had some issues with repairs and with the building's management company but I don't feel comfortable sharing that on a public blog.
  • Hot dogs! I'm still posting about hot dogs over examiner.com, albeit not as frequently - but hey, a girl can only eat so many hot dogs before she has to run another mile, or two, or three.

  • Short stories. I'm still plugging away on editing, revising, and starting totally new short stories about my work-in-progress's main characters. I'm having some fun with it, and they're giving me tons of insight into my characters that I know I need before I finish up my current WIP draft.

  • Reading lots of YA fiction. I've got lots to say about this, so I'll just save it for another post.

  • A totally brand-spanking new writing project. The fact that I'm taking on yet another writing project in midst of all this craziness makes me question my sanity, but I'm having so much fun with it already. What is it you ask? You'll just have to wait. A proper announcement/blog posting will be coming soon!

With the way I've been using every second of my nights and weekends to write, work-out, do stuff for the apartment, etc., (when I'm not with family and friends of course), I've been contemplating not watching all the TV shows I used to watch when the season premieres start rolling in... but knowing me, who knows. I'll find a way to get it all done. I always do. For example, as of late, I've been using my new El commute time to write and read.

How do you make time to write in the craziness that is life? Comment with your ideas - I'll take whatever you've got!

No comments: